Dentures are replacements for missing teeth that can be removed and put back into your mouth. A denture consists of a plate or frame holding one or more artificial teeth in place. Dentures can take some getting used to, and while they may never feel exactly the same as your original teeth, they can look natural and are now more comfortable than ever. At Vegreville Family Dental, we will advise you of all treatment options available based on your unique case.
Vegreville Full Dentures
Full Dentures are the most common denture appliances made. After the affected teeth are removed, a full denture can be crafted to fit either the upper arch, lower arch or both. The upper denture has a pink denture base that extends across the roof of the mouth to create suction and help keep the denture in place. The lower denture is u-shaped and is designed to fit snugly along the bottom ridge of the jaw.
The term “false teeth” concerns a lot of people. However, we take every step to ensure that your dentures look as natural as possible. Innovations in replacement tooth design have come a long way in making the false teeth look incredibly natural. Also, since the loss of teeth may have resulted in the loss of support for your lips, cheeks, and facial muscles, your new full denture will help fill out the shape of your face and instantly improve your smile!
Watch About Full Dentures
Typical Denture Process
When it comes time to fit your full denture, it will all depend on the type of dentures you have chosen and your specific needs. The following is a basic outline of the denture creation process and generally, you can expect that the creation and fitting of your dentures to take place over several office visits.
- Consultation: Our first goal is to evaluate your existing situation, your tooth structure, and overall condition of your teeth and gums. We will then recommend whether more teeth need to be removed and we may facilitate the necessary removal of teeth, adjustment of teeth for anchoring dentures, restorations for anchor teeth, and implant supports for dentures.
- Impressions: We will then refer you to a qualified denturist who will take a series of impressions of your jaw as well as measurements of how your jaws relate to one another and the space between them.
- Models: The denturist will then create a waxed-up model denture in the exact shape and position of your new proposed dentures. This will allow you to try the models and to make sure they fit right. Additionally, the model dentures will show you the colour and shape of your replacement teeth to ensure your satisfaction with the appearance of your new smile.
- Casting: Once the fit, shape, and colour of the dentures have been confirmed, the final dentures will be crafted by the denturist.
- Adjusting: Once the full denture has been created, your denturist will make sure it fits properly and continue to make any adjustments needed. It’s important to keep in mind that adjustments may be needed from time to time as your mouth adjusts to the new denture. If your mouth gets sore, don’t wait for it to get worse, it is recommended to contact us immediately so that we can check how your mouth is adjusting to the new denture. We are happy to help you and strongly encourage you to come in to see us for a denture adjustment as soon as you can.
To learn more about the Vegreville Family Dental’s Full Dentures, please contact our office today!
Our practice always welcomes new patients
no referral is ever required!